California – San Diego
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of California – San Diego
PH: (877) 643-0401
We are a community-based organization on an ongoing mission to find creative solutions which add quality to life. We believe firmly in the patient/family focus of hospice care, recognizing that individuals and families are the experts in their own care.
Four Levels of Care
As a Medicare-certified hospice, Seasons is proud to offer all four levels of hospice care: Routine, Inpatient, Respite, and Continuous Care. To learn more about these levels of care, and about when and how a patient might require a given level, click here.
Open Access: Open Access is a hospice program that allows patients currently receiving medical treatments and/or experiencing intense psychosocial issues access to hospice services earlier; a blended model between curative and palliative care. For more info >
Namaste Care: Namaste Care uses person-centered approaches to improve quality of life through meaningful sensory activities that stimulate the senses, promote relaxation, and offer comfort and serenity to those living with dementia. For more info >
Music Therapy: The use of music enhances our lives as a means of teaching, celebrating and expressing ourselves and has been in place for thousands of years. Even when people are no longer conscious or speaking, we can console and comfort them with music. For more info >
This program is designed to show respect and thanks to our nation’s veterans and to honor their wishes at end of life. It was developed as a collaboration between National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
As a Level Five Partner, we:
1. Provide veteran-centric education for staff and volunteers, and identify patients with military experience
2. Build organization capacity to provide quality care for veterans
3. Develop and strengthen relationships with VA medical centers and other veteran organizations
4. Increase access and improve quality of care for veterans in your community
5. Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to serving the veteran population. The focus is not only to expand partnerships with organizations in the local community but to also serve as a mentor to other hospice providers. Level 5 Partners are required to become recertified each year.
Medicare, Medicaid and the majority of private insurance plans have a hospice benefit that covers costs associated with hospice care. If you do not see your insurance provider below, please contact us. In many cases Seasons is able to advocate for our patients and secure insurance coverage on a case-by-case basis. Our team can help you navigate this process and will keep you informed every step of the way.
Aetna Better Health of California
Aetna Health Management
Blue Cross of California
Blue Shield of California
Care1st Health Plan
Celtic Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care, Inc.
Humana Health Plan, Inc.
Greater Tri Cities IPA and Sharp Community Medical Group
Molina Healthcare of California
Regal Medical Group
San Diego Pace
Sharp Community Medical Group