In every life situation we have a choice as to how we react. At no time is this more profound than in facing the end of life or the death of a loved one.
These months, days, weeks and moments can be among life’s most precious – and that is precisely the reason that Seasons Hospice exists. We will do everything in our power to ease pain and provide physical and emotional comfort and support for our patients and their families and friends.
Support When You Need It Most
Seasons Hospice is a community-based organization with an ongoing mission to find creative solutions that add quality to end-of-life care. The caregivers at Seasons Hospice hold steadfast to the patient/family focus of hospice care.
We recognize that individuals and families are the experts in their own care, and we continuously strive for excellence beyond accepted standards.
We are born into a world of comfort, warmth and love, and it is our belief that we should all leave this world in the same way. To further that goal, we work with communities to increase the awareness of hospice as part of the continuum of care.
Our Promise to You
People facing a terminal condition often express the same concerns. They worry about pain and fear abandonment. To ease these universal apprehensions, Seasons Hospice makes two promises to our patients and their families.
- We promise to enhance the quality of time by ensuring that neither pain nor declining symptoms will diminish the character of a patient’s remaining days, weeks or months.
- We promise our patients and families that they will not feel alone.
Our Mission & Vision
Our Mission: Honoring Life ~ Offering Hope
Our Vision is to:
- recognize that individuals and families are the true experts in their own care;
- support our staff so they can put our patients and families first;
- find creative solutions which add quality to life;
- strive for excellence beyond accepted standards;
- increase the community’s awareness of hospice as part of the continuum of care.
The Story of Our Logo
Our mission “to honor life and offer hope” inspired the Seasons logo. At Seasons, we have witnessed the heavy burden patients and families carry as they navigate the complexities of fighting a terminal illness. The dove—a universal symbol of peace—illustrates the peace we seek to provide our patients and their families. As they leave the curative approach to medicine and embark on a palliative plan of care, we are able to lift much of the burden, signified by the branch held lightly by the dove. The simple box surrounding the dove symbolizes the sense of security and support our hospice team offers our patients and their families throughout this important passage. Finally, the box is broken by the dove’s wing, a reminder that Seasons is always pursuing out-of-the-box solutions and working to find creative and meaningful methods to care for our patients and their families. Seasons Hospice brings innovative and creative solutions. Together, we find a way.
A Quick Look at Seasons
- Founded in 1997
- National Office located in Rosemont, Illinois
- Operates 31 Medicare-certified sites across 19 states
- Ranked the 4th largest hospice company in the US
- Twenty-seven (27) of the twenty-nine (29) sites are Joint Commission Accredited
- Operates 18 Inpatient Centers
- Admitted over 25,900 patients and cared for 30,900+ patients and families in 2019 with 1.85 million days of care
- $9 million charity care provided in 2019
- Not-for-profit Seasons Hospice Foundation founded in 2011
- Senior leadership team has over 250 years of combined hospice experience
- Utilizes the highest levels of technology available to the hospice industry and many custom proprietary solutions
- Electronic Medical Record in use for over fifteen (15) years:
- Full implementation of document imaging
- Custom scheduling tools for physicians and field staff
- In-house 24/7 call center staffed with registered nurses
- Industry-leading clinical programs i.e. Music Therapy, Pediatrics, Open Access, Namaste Care and more
- Largest hospice employer of board-certified music therapists in the country