Seasons has merged with AccentCare to provide care to more patients and families. Hospice care in the following counties is provided by AccentCare in partnership with Seasons: Anoka, Benton, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Isanti, Kanabec, Le Sueur, Mille Lacs, Pine, Ramsey, Scott, Sherburne, Washington, Wright.
We believe that individuals and families are experts in their own care, which is why we offer a personalized plan of care for each patient and family we serve. Our community-based organization consists of a team of trained hospice and palliative care professionals that are committed to helping our patients and their loved ones live each day to the fullest.
Seasons and AccentCare have come together to provide care to our patients wherever they call home, whether that is a private residence, nursing home, ALF, or other location. We understand that each patient and family’s journey and needs are different. As Medicare-certified hospice organizations, we are proud to offer all four levels of hospice care: Routine, Inpatient, Respite, and Continuous Care. We work with our patients and medical teams to determine the level of care appropriate for each patient.
We can help address dementia behaviors, while helping to ensure a safe environment to help you or your loved one remain in the comfort of home for as long as possible. Our program for dementia care includes:
- Assessment and treatment of behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia as well as physical manifestations
- Medication management
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Utilization of cognitive training, muscle memory and validation therapy strategies
- Adoption of your loved one’s perspective by providing a supportive social environment
- Caregiver training and support strategies
We understand veterans may have unique needs at the end of life. With that in mind, we provide specialized services for our veteran patients that includes:
- A Veteran-to-Veteran volunteer program
- Transitioning veterans across venues of care, including VA medical centers
- Assistance for veterans and families to access benefits
In partnership with We Honor Veterans, a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Department of Veterans Affairs, most of our offices have achieved a Level Four standing, the highest distinction awarded. Through this partnership, we have taken a number of actions, including:
- Conducting Veteran-specific outreach presentations
- Maintaining a relationship with a designated VA contact at the nearest VA medical or community clinic
- Integrating the Military History Checklist into our admission procedures
- Actively participating in local, regional and statewide partnerships
- Maintaining policies and procedures reflecting commitment and service to veterans
Medicare, Medicaid and the majority of private insurance plans have a hospice benefit that covers costs associated with hospice care. In many cases we are able to advocate for our patients and secure insurance coverage on a case-by-case basis. Our team can help you navigate this process and will keep you informed every step of the way.
If you have questions, please reach out to us.